The SS Happy Wanderer was the cruise liner featured in Carry On Cruising.
- Service Entry: Circa pre 1952[N 1]
- Operating Company: Trident Line[N 2]
The Happy Wanderer never went to sea - she was actually a full size replica built at Pinewood Studios, complete with a fully operational wireless office.[N 3]
- ↑ Majorbanks revealed to Haines that Captain Crowther has been in command of the ship for the previous 10 years.
- ↑ Company name shown on a lifebelt held up in a photo of Peter Rogers, Nat Cohen and Gerald Thomas, presumably during a visit to the set.
- ↑ Sound mixer Bob McPhee, who had previously worked as a ship's wireless officer, resisted requests from collegues to use the equipment for sending mock messages!
- ↑ Wikipedia
- ↑ Carry On Cruising
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Classic Carry On Film Collection Issue 21 Page 12
- ↑ What a Carry On. Hibbin. 1998